Whether you need office or residential movers in Calgary, you have to take some initiative to prepare for your moving day. The more effort you put into preparing for your moving day, the easier your day will pan out.
But what steps can you take to prepare for your moving day? To make your life easier, here are four tips to help prepare you for your moving day.
4 TIPS TO PREPARE FOR YOUR MOVING DAY
#1: Prepare your timeline
With a set schedule from the very start of your moving plans, you will be able to plan out what needs to be moved and what you want to take with you. A lot of people don’t plan out their timeline, so they end up struggling with when it comes to their moving. Get a timeline prepared from the start, so you have no issues down the line.
#2: Inventory your entire home
The best way to prepare for your moving day is to make sure that you do a complete inventory of your entire home. Get a checklist going and do a full sweep of your home to check all your items, goods and furniture. With an inventory list ready, it can make a huge difference when it comes to moving day, as you can:
- Sort out your possessions before you pack
- You can have a packing list so you can know what each moving box contains
- You can keep track of your belongings throughout the move
- Helps the Calgary movers get ready with your inventory
An inventory can make a positive impact on your moving day. It might take some time, but it will be worth it in the long-run.
#3: Get rid of unwanted stuff
While doing your inventory, you have the best opportunity to clear out all your unwanted stuff and items. Over the years, people tend to accumulate a lot of stuff that they don’t need. So rather than take it to your new location, why not get rid of it? Markdown in your inventory sheet all the household items that are not worth moving. You can throw out the items, or you can put it up for sale, helping you make some more money.
It also helps with your residential and office movers in terms of your fees. The fewer items you decide to move to your new location, the less money you will have to pay in the end.
#4: Initiate the packing process
Here comes the biggest task when it comes to moving – packing up your home before the move! Start thinking about packing as early as possible. It will save more time down the line. Take the time out to roll up your sleeves, and start organizing what you’re packing. Here are some ways that you can do it:
- Get quality boxes (not cardboard) and organize how many you’ll need per room.
- With your inventory, you can mark each box, so you know what is in what, helping you unload when you get to your new location.
- Break down each room and determine which room needs to be cleaned and organized first. Make sure you pick the hardest room first as it might take the most time.
- Tell the Calgary movers about what you have packed, and what you would like them to take. Leave the more substantial items to them as it will make your life easier.
These preparation tips can help get your moving day off to a positive start. The more time you dedicate to your preparing your move, the easier your move will be.
Since 2012, Calgary Pro Movers has been providing Calgary with high-quality moving services. As a licensed and bonded moving company, we have everything you need in a team of Calgary movers: professionalism, superior customer service, respect of everyone’s belongings and a friendly demeanor. All members of our team are trained to the highest standards and strive every day to ensure total customer satisfaction. From long-distance moves to being your go-to office movers, we are the team you can trust. For a family-friendly and committed Calgary moving company, call us today on 403-397-6524 or visit us at calgarypromovers.com.